We’ve added Tesco 4.875% bonds to the WiseAlpha market. This one is for those who are looking for a FTSE 100 company to invest in and earn a regular contractual income/dividend yield but without taking the same price and volatility risk as the shares.
Tesco 4.875% bonds due March 2042
• Founded in 1919, Tesco is the largest grocery retailer in the UK (with a 27.5% market share according to Kantar May 2017) and is one of the largest retailers in the world. It has stores in 12 countries across Asia and Europe.
• Originally a UK grocery retailer, Tesco has diversified geographically since the early 1990s and into areas such as the retailing of books, clothing, electronics, furniture, toys, petrol and software; financial services; telecoms and internet services.
• Tesco is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
• Revenue grew 4.2% in FY 2016/17 to £49.9bn and Operating Profit grew 29.9% to £1.28bn.
• Tesco’s bonds are supported by an equity market capitalisation of approximately £14.23bn as at 26.07.17.